Valve cover change info. Install using the following parts:
- One foot aluminum tubing5/8 x 0.035
- One plug1/8 NPT
- One 90 degree barbed fitting 1/2 black
- Wire loom protective cover
- Wire loom protective cover 2
- All of these parts -Valve cover
- Breather filter
Use the following pictures to complete the install:
Drill valve cover as shown with 1/2" step drill, sand off a small amount of barb on one end of the 90 degree fitting and install into the aluminum tube and valve cover with "Right Stuff" sealer on all fittings and along the bottom of tube. Drill and tie tube to cover with tie.
If there is enough room at the front of the cowling, just use the original exit and no need to relocate as shown above.
- New gasket only get right stuff sealer where head meets chain cover (split)
- Shoulder bolts should be tightened down until shoulder bottom against head.
- If wire loom is short, bring it straight down, rather than around front of cover
- trim plastic wire covers as needed
- Do not force any wires
- Do not run a hose overboard from the tube since suction can be generated
- Cleaner oil at oil changes
- Virtually no oil blow-by