Forums

ECU fuel pump relay wire?

I am having a time figuring out what the purple and white wire from the ECU/ engine look goes to. We currently have a dual pump setup but I cannot find this wire in any diagram? 

You need to be a member of Viking Aircraft Engine Forum to add comments!

Join Viking Aircraft Engine Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Still no answer?
  • Haven’t heard yet, I have emailed Alissa.
    • I thought this was answered? It goes from the ECU to the engine high pressure fuel pump mounted on the engine. Nothing to do with any of the fuel pumps that are providing the 43PSI to the high pressure pump mounted on the engine.
  • Early wire looms had this available so the fuel pump could come on with the ECU power. It is for a fuel pump relay. Since the pumps now only draw 1.6A each, and have their own switches, tape off and disregard this wire.
  • It is not used. Early wire looms had a fuel pump relay trigger wire so you could have the pump come on wen powering the ECU on
This reply was deleted.

Activity

Randall Haney is now a member of Viking Aircraft Engine Forum
5 hours ago
Lee w Myrick is now a member of Viking Aircraft Engine Forum
yesterday
James W Rogers posted photos
yesterday
Loren Warner left a comment on Recent Activity - Add Comments, Videos and Pictures Below
"Would be nice if those of us with 750 STOL's and the 130 engine got to know each other to share data.  Jerry, my number is 907 349-0804."
Saturday
Viking Aircraft Engines left a comment on Recent Activity - Add Comments, Videos and Pictures Below
"There was a joke before about Jerry's exceptionally low fuel burn numbers. So he did it again in order to further convince those using more fuel with their engines, that with a direct injected engine, it is in fact possible. THERE IS NO WAY, A TRADI…"
Saturday
Viking Aircraft Engines left a comment on Recent Activity - Add Comments, Videos and Pictures Below
"THE FIRST FLIGHT VIDEO"
Jul 10
Richard matthews left a comment on Recent Activity - Add Comments, Videos and Pictures Below
"Hey Jan your about 100 miles from X06 and been meaning to stop in and say Hi. I have A souped up 1988 Honda 1.5 putting out 145hp and 124ftlb torque at the prop shaft. It has a Airflow Performance Fuel Injection system a SDS ignition and a 16valve V…"
Jul 7
Daniel Ziesmer, Philip WHite and Dave WENGER joined Viking Aircraft Engine Forum
Jul 6
Agnes Mckenna is now a member of Viking Aircraft Engine Forum
Jul 1
Michael D. Jones is now a member of Viking Aircraft Engine Forum
Jun 29
"Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 12:13 PMTo: alissa vikingaircraftengines.comSubject: Viking 130 in Savannah Hey guys,Just a quick note on how its going so far with the 130 in my Savannah.First a little background, I began the process a little over 2…"
Jun 28
Charles Cox is now a member of Viking Aircraft Engine Forum
Jun 27
Richard matthews is now a member of Viking Aircraft Engine Forum
Jun 26
Joel Faulkner is now a member of Viking Aircraft Engine Forum
Jun 25
Steve Bergman is now a member of Viking Aircraft Engine Forum
Jun 22
"Karl Johnson added a comment to your profile on Viking Aircraft Engine Forum------------Just wanted to thank everyone at Viking.  I began my first aircraft build two years and four months ago by ordering a Viking 130 engine and a ICP Savannah S airc…"
Jun 21
More…