Forums

130 oil temperature sender location

Apologies in advance if this is mentioned somewhere.  I searched everywhere on the forum and in the install DVDs and came up with zilch.

I understand that the oil pressure sender location is the upper port on the back side of the engine, near the upper pilot side mount.  However, where would a temperature probe go?  

You need to be a member of Viking Aircraft Engine Forum to add comments!

Join Viking Aircraft Engine Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Coolant temperature prob attaches at the front of the engine. The only other temperature prob is for the gearbox. https://www.facebook.com/Experimental750ES/photos/p.484351955278601...

Next to the Coolant Temperature Sensor for the ECU and hidden behind the gearbox is the... Coolant Temperature Sensor for the EIS.

Posted by Experimental 750ES on Wednesday, August 16, 2017
  • Edward, The theory is that the oil temp will closely mirror your coolant temp and that is why it is not monitored.
    • It is also indirectly shown by the oil pressure. If oil pressure is good, temperature of the synthetic oil is not very relevant
  • thanks for the info folks
This reply was deleted.

Activity

Blake A is now a member of Viking Aircraft Engine Forum
yesterday
Ken Brown is now a member of Viking Aircraft Engine Forum
Friday
Bob W. updated their profile
Friday
Bob W. is now a member of Viking Aircraft Engine Forum
Thursday
Bill Laina is now a member of Viking Aircraft Engine Forum
Apr 17
Viking Aircraft Engines left a comment on Recent Activity - Add Comments, Videos and Pictures Below
"We have not moved to these airframes yet.  Maybe in a years time. "
Apr 14
Viking Aircraft Engines left a comment on Recent Activity - Add Comments, Videos and Pictures Below
"Jphn Heather flying first solo in his own aircraft."
Apr 14
Viking Aircraft Engines replied to Jared Brown's discussion ECU fuel pump relay wire?
"Early wire looms had this available so the fuel pump could come on with the ECU power. It is for a fuel pump relay. Since the pumps now only draw 1.6A each, and have their own switches, tape off and disregard this wire."
Apr 14
Scott Wilke and Russ Gurstien joined Viking Aircraft Engine Forum
Apr 13
Steve Denny is now a member of Viking Aircraft Engine Forum
Apr 11
Jared Brown replied to Jared Brown's discussion ECU fuel pump relay wire?
"Haven’t heard yet, I have emailed Alissa."
Apr 11
Loren Warner replied to Jared Brown's discussion ECU fuel pump relay wire?
"Still no answer?"
Apr 11
DS left a comment on Recent Activity - Add Comments, Videos and Pictures Below
"Just curious, how would the RV-14A fare with the 180hp turbo? I know the plane specs a 210 Lycoming but the reality is that at a higher density altitude in the heat of the day, a IO-390 might only be making 170hp to 180hp at takeoff. "
Apr 10
Franz Scheck updated their profile photo
Apr 10
Franz Scheck updated their profile
Apr 10
Mat updated their profile
Apr 10
More…