Forums

130 oil temperature sender location

Apologies in advance if this is mentioned somewhere.  I searched everywhere on the forum and in the install DVDs and came up with zilch.

I understand that the oil pressure sender location is the upper port on the back side of the engine, near the upper pilot side mount.  However, where would a temperature probe go?  

You need to be a member of Viking Aircraft Engine Forum to add comments!

Join Viking Aircraft Engine Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Coolant temperature prob attaches at the front of the engine. The only other temperature prob is for the gearbox. https://www.facebook.com/Experimental750ES/photos/p.484351955278601...

Next to the Coolant Temperature Sensor for the ECU and hidden behind the gearbox is the... Coolant Temperature Sensor for the EIS.

Posted by Experimental 750ES on Wednesday, August 16, 2017
  • Edward, The theory is that the oil temp will closely mirror your coolant temp and that is why it is not monitored.
    • It is also indirectly shown by the oil pressure. If oil pressure is good, temperature of the synthetic oil is not very relevant
  • thanks for the info folks
This reply was deleted.

Activity

Viking Aircraft Engines replied to Dale Medendorp's discussion Coupling hoses in cooling system
"Perfect"
1 hour ago
Dale Medendorp replied to Dale Medendorp's discussion Coupling hoses in cooling system
"Thanks for the replies. I bought some 1" I'd heater hose. The temperature rating of radiator hose is 257 and heater hose is 250. The rubber heater hose is an exact match (dimensional) to the Silicone hose."
2 hours ago
John Nealon replied to Dale Medendorp's discussion Coupling hoses in cooling system
"The silicone hoses are available on Amazon."
4 hours ago
Viking Aircraft Engines replied to Dale Medendorp's discussion Coupling hoses in cooling system
"No, you can use regular good quality radiator hose. The silicone might last longer."
6 hours ago
Dale Medendorp posted a discussion
I need to replace one of the coupling hoses and can't find a local source. Is it necessary to use Silicone hoses or is rubber ok. Is silicone recommended because of the Evans coolant?Dale
6 hours ago
John Robinson is now a member of Viking Aircraft Engine Forum
yesterday
J.D. Smith is now a member of Viking Aircraft Engine Forum
Saturday
Viking Aircraft Engines left a comment on Recent Activity - Add Comments, Videos and Pictures Below
"Perfect installation
Following the installation videos usually cut install time way down :)  We can do a Zenith install in 2 days here
 "
Friday
Mike Wilson left a comment on Recent Activity - Add Comments, Videos and Pictures Below
"Installed just like Jan’s video on my latest build, Zenith 650, Viking 130"
Friday
Jim Reine is now a member of Viking Aircraft Engine Forum
Wednesday
Neil Armentrout is now a member of Viking Aircraft Engine Forum
Aug 13
Fred Westbrook left a comment on Recent Activity - Add Comments, Videos and Pictures Below
"Good job"
Aug 12
Philip Shiflett is now a member of Viking Aircraft Engine Forum
Aug 12
William Batten is now a member of Viking Aircraft Engine Forum
Aug 11
Viking Aircraft Engines left a comment on Recent Activity - Add Comments, Videos and Pictures Below
""
Aug 10
""
Aug 8
More…